Friday, May 2, 2014

Music Review: Save Rock and Roll! + Top 10 Songs

Hello all my lovelies!

Today I will be bringing you a review of the album Save Rock and Roll by Fall Out Boy! (It will be a VERY brief review as I am really lazy ^^ )



1. The Phoenix
This is a great song and coincidentally my first FOB song! I love the lyrics especially, it's very poetic. The bridge reminds me a little of OneRepublic's Counting Stars.

2. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)
I prefer the version sung with Taylor Swift at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. The FOB plain version is pretty good, but Taylor adds that bit of edge that they're lacking. (Don't hate on me for this. So many people hate the Taylor version for no reason other than that she is mainstream or country.)

3. Alone Together
A bit more toned down than the other songs, it's pretty good but the lyrics are really confusing. Also for some weird reason this song reminds me of Demi Lovato.

4. Where Did The Party Go
One of the songs that I don't like that much. The track itself is nice - upbeat and loud. But the lyrics aren't that well-written. (although it's hard to find really well written songs.)

5. Just One Yesterday
Yay Foxes! This song is amazingly emo. I like it so much but the video really disappointed me, I feel like they should have given Foxes a larger part in it.

6. The Mighty Fall
The song is good. Great, even. But there's just one problem: I don't like Big Sean or his mediocre rapping. Especially now that he has broken off his engagement to Naya Rivera.

7. Miss Missing You
I'm assuming that this song is to the haters that were their fans at one point? That's all I can figure out from the song. I do really like the line 'The person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger' though.

8. Death Valley
I dislike this song, it's my least favorite of all in the album. It's forgettable and really, too simple for Fall Out Boy.

9. Young Volcanoes
I enjoy this song so much that I had once debilitated over making a cover for it, but I decided that there was no way I could match Fall Out Boy's awesomeness. The Tiffany Alvord cover is absolute proof of that (I love her covers, but this one is just...)

10. Rat a Tat
Yay to this song because Courtney Love is absolute badass. Her part just makes the song that much better. And the video is great too. The only part I got a little freaked out was when Andy died. And when Patrick destroyed the guitar my heart broke :(

11. Save Rock and Roll
Pretty good song, although I didn't really see any point in using Elton John's vocals. Also I'm vaguely interested in who sang the intro. Lol randomness ;)

Overall the album is a 8.5/10 for me, not bad! And as a bonus this hilarious gif (because I am in love with gifs):


Top 10 songs:
1. Lolitina - Misako Aoki (I can't believe I missed out on this one!)
2. Clarity - Zedd feat. Foxes
3. Son of a Gun - Oh Land
4. Grenade - Ariana Grande cover
5. Let Her Go - Passenger
6. Brave - Sara Bareilles
7. Fly Me To The Moon - Jason Mraz cover
8. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
9. Timber - Pitbull feat. Kesha
10. Shatter Me - Lindsey Stirling feat. Lzzy Hale
As you see most of my songs are somewhat more gentler this week.
Fun fact about my brother: He mixed up the JPOP girl band AKB48 and the gun AK-47 ^_^
My reaction:

and:


~Christabel~

3 comments:

  1. Ohh *u* I really need to check out this album soon! It sounds great~ ^^ LOL I love that glee gif<3 Great post!
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete